Sunday, December 16, 2012

Cruella de Vil...Style Inspiration

Yes, I said that....Am I crazy?  I don't know why but suddenly I just thought of her and even though she was the villain in the story 101 Dalmatians, you have to admire her single-minded pursuit of fashion.  I definitely do not approve of her methods though.  I love her old Hollywood and decadent style - the red lips, the cigarette and the fur coats.  Of course, instead of real fur, I would choose the more animal friendly version - FAUX FUR!!


Oh Cruella!


Faux fur has definitely come a long way since the days when it just looked more like a teddy bear had been transformed into a coat.  Now, designers such as Rachel Zoe have created affordable faux fur collections which are quite realistic.  Faux fur is also a great way to explore fun colours and patterns whilst staying cuddly and warm.  Look to the high street for such pieces or go online and see what vintage finds you can get!


My High Street Pick:  Per Una Faux Fur Coat available at www.marksandspencer.com

However, channeling my inner Cruella, this is the coat that I am currently lusting after if the weather was cold enough to justify the purchase..



Coat and Photo from Pom Pom Clothing


A total Cruella coat right?  That is if she changed her ways and went faux fur!


1 comment:

  1. Glad to chat your blog, I seem to be forward to more reliable articles and I think we all wish to thank so many good articles, blog to share with us. If you want to find idol's account on instagram, please coming site webstagram

    ReplyDelete